Friday, February 15, 2013

So, that there MIA....

When I go visiting museums in big cities I sometimes feel a little wistful that we don't have facilities on that scale...and then I go to the MIA and happen upon 3+ things I've never seen before, despite said items probably having been there all that time. This has transpired more than once, so obviously I've got some sort of disconnect. Luckily it's not enough of a disconnect to keep me from going back and letting it take place over and over again!

Monet, Van Gogh, Seurat, Kandinsky, Paul Revere silver (okay I think that was a special exhibit), Japanese fans, Marsden Hartley, the Grand Salon from the Hôtel Gailliard de La Bouëxière...delightful. And we made sure to visit the "Supper with Shakespeare" exhibit.

Now we're having a palate-cleanser (actual palates and mental palates) at Spyhouse before we meet up with well-wishers for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment